Unfortunately in the Waste and House clearance industry there are a lot of Rogue traders and cowboys. Not only do they scam people out of there hard earned money, but nine times out of 10, they don’t hold any Public liability insurance or a Waste carrier License, which means that your waste can not be disposed of correctly or legally.
Thankfully Windrush valley House clearance are EA carrier Licensed (License Number CBDU41390) and we hold the correct insurances for carrying out all aspects of Commercial and domestic Property clearance. We are also proud members of the Anti Fly tipping assosiation and members of Check a trade where we are vetted and monitored.
We want to ensure that nobody is a victim of these rogue companies, which is why we have put together a guide on how to spot them.
How to tell a rogue House clearance company
- Does the quote provided sound to good to be true. If they are promising the world for very little money, then don’t believe it as waste is expensive to dispose of correctly and legally.
- Are they willing to provide the correct paperwork i.e Invoice with bank details so you can pay them into a business bank account or are they trying to take Cash. If they are trying to take cash avoid as you will need a paper trail for any of your waste collected (This is your legal responsibility)
- Check they have a Website or social media presence and that all of there details are present on there website as well as there waste carrier License.(Ask to see I.D and there Waste carrier License)
- Take a good look at there website an check for fake reviews, most reputable house clearance companies will be highly rated on Google, Yell, Check a trade etc
- Did you book in a date and time for them to come and collect your waste, but they didn’t turn up and you cant get them on the telephone number that they provided, this usually means that they had a better offer!
- Never provide your Credit card details or bank card details, nor should you pay in advance. Here at Windrush valley House clearance we do not ask you to pay in advance of your Property clearance or do we ask for any kind of deposit!
What to do if you think you have come across a rogue House clearance company
- Report them to the Environment Agency as they will be illegally disposing of waste and fly tipping
- Report them to trading standards, who will investigate the company for you and provide you with legal advise on what more you can do.
- Report them to the Police, especially if you are being threatened or pushed into hading over large sums of Cash
Windrush valley House clearance are your Licensed, fully Insured House clearance Company
We offer a fast, discrete, Fully Insured House clearance and waste removal service, collecting Household rubbish, Furnishings, cardboard, Plastic, Wood, metal, Green waste and other items that maybe cluttering up your space. We are registered with the Environment agency as waste carriers and we cover all of Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire. If you are looking to avoid rogue house clearance companies, then don’t hesitate in contacting us on 01993 709722 or firstname.lastname@example.org